We are pleased to be able to offer you free access to the internet via our W-LAN network with the attached access data. In order to be able to provide you with this service in the future, the following rules must be observed:
Only if you comply with these rules, we will be able to provide you with free internet access via our W-LAN network.
§ 1 Internet use and terms
The hotel provides its guests with free internet access via a W-LAN network. The network is to be used exclusively by means of the access data provided by the hotel. It is pointed out that this service does not include the provision of a firewall or a programme to defend against harmful computer programmes.
A guest is any user of the W-LAN network who is accommodated by the hotel against payment or free of charge without being an employee or making use of the hotel's other services. A guest is also deemed to be anyone who uses the guest's system with the guest's consent.
The guest's system shall be understood to mean the entirety of the computer hardware and software used by the guest for the use of the service offered.
§ 2 Security
(1) The guest shall ensure that the software used by him/her during the use of the W-LAN network is always up to date. He/she is responsible for ensuring that his/her system is free of viruses, Trojans or other harmful computer programs which in turn could damage the hotel's own W-LAN network or allow unauthorised third parties to access the guest's system or the hotel's own W-LAN network. The guest shall install its own security software on its system for this purpose.
(2) The guest must secure access to his/her own important or personal data by means of passwords, which should be changed at regular intervals.
(3) At the end of the use of the W-LAN network, the guest must close all browsers used.
(4) Unknown files or unsolicited e-mails from unknown senders should not be opened by the guest.
§ 3 Behaviour
(1) The guest may not access websites that contain content relevant to criminal law, in particular sites with child pornography, content glorifying violence or inciting incitement to violence, sites that incite criminal offences or are likely to seriously endanger the morals of children or young people.
(2) The guest must ensure that when using the W-LAN network no files are downloaded or distributed that infringe third-party copyrights. In particular, when using file-sharing services, the guest must respect the copyrights of third parties. In cases of doubt, the guest should refrain from downloading or distributing such files and obtain further information on the files.
§ 4 Legal claim
The guest has no claim to the actual availability, suitability or reliability of the internet access.
§ 5 Disclaimer
(1) The hotel is not liable for damage to the guest's system caused by the use of the W-LAN network, in particular as a result of visiting third-party websites. This shall not apply if such damage is due to intent or gross negligence on the part of the hotel.
(2) Insofar as the hotel is exposed to claims by third parties as a result of non-compliance with the above provisions, in particular § 3, the hotel shall be indemnified against such claims by the guest.
§ 6 Exclusion of use
In the event of a violation of the above rules or the urgent suspicion of a violation, the hotel is entitled to exclude the guest from further use of the W-LAN network or to restrict such use.
§ 7 Data protection provision
The use, storage and processing of the data is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the applicable statutory data protection provisions.